XenonMonkey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
XenonMonkey

Kid tested, mom approved.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Random animal facts

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Random animal facts Empty Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:34 am

Only one breed of frog actually goes 'ribbit', and that happens to be a breed that lives in Hollywood, so naturally it was recorded and put in every film that's ever had a frog and distributed around the world

2Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:34 am

There is breed of chimp that will wash his potatoes in the ocean because he likes the taste of them salted

3Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:35 am

when two colonies of coral grow too close to each other, they launch an all out war. the polyps from both colonies unleash tentacles many times their own body lengths and attempt to digest members of the other colony. the wining coral is the one that lives the longest

4Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:35 am

the male koala has a bifurcated penis

5Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:36 am

Ants live in colonies under the ground and have been known to build colonies that span continents.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8127000/8127519.stm

6Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:37 am

cats and dogs are not colorblind. Though their sensitivity to light of differing wavelengths (that would be different colors) is low. In fact, most mammals (save the primates) have low color sensitivity. Avians, fish, turtles/tortoises etc all have a higher sensitivity to color than most mammals.

7Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:38 am

Naked mole rats appear to have a high resistance to cancer; cancer has never been observed in them. The mechanism that stunts cancer is a gene called p16, known as an "over-crowding" gene, which prevents the creation of new cells once a group of cells reaches a certain size. Most mammals, including naked mole rats, have a gene called p27 which does a similar task, but prevents cellular reproduction at a much later point than p16 does. The combination of p16 and p27 in naked mole rats creates a double-layered barrier that prevents the formation of cancer cells. Hypersensitivity to contact inhibition may be the reason for the cancer resistance of the naked mole rat.

8Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:38 am

The largest of the segmented worms is the African giant earthworm, Microchaetus rappi. This huge worm can reach a length of as much as 6.7 m (22 ft)

9Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:56 am

Tetris

Tetris
Forum God

hot dogs are actual dogs

10Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:11 am

Flesh

Flesh
Forum Addict

Nyan Nyan cat has claimed the award for faggiest meme after it was used by hacker group lolzec (lolfags)

11Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:30 pm

Rummy0

Rummy0
Amazing Poster

Knew most of these already thanks to Qi.
Flesh wrote:Nyan Nyan cat has claimed the award for faggiest meme after it was used by hacker group lolzec (lolfags)

"lulzsec"
Also nyancat was really faggy when it started.

12Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:37 pm

Flesh wrote:hacker group lolzec (lolfags)

LulzSec aren't hackers, they are fucking scriptkiddies who use prewritten code and DDoS with botnets

They target random sites and games in the name of "improving security" when all they're doing is giving the government more and more reasons to pass some "internet safety" bill that might lead to censorship. I really hope these guys rot in prison

13Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:43 pm

Flesh

Flesh
Forum Addict

Yert wrote:

LulzSec aren't hackers, they are fucking scriptkiddies who use prewritten code and DDoS with botnets

They target random sites and games in the name of "improving security" when all they're doing is giving the government more and more reasons to pass some "internet safety" bill that might lead to censorship. I really hope these guys rot in prison

Guys? I thought only one of them was caught

14Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Flesh wrote:Guys? I thought only one of them was caught

LulzSec isn't one person, obviously. That one guy was caught or whatever

15Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Rummy0

Rummy0
Amazing Poster

Flesh wrote:
Yert wrote:

Yeah some random guy who was on the irc and didn't "use protection when DDoSing" or someshit.
He's saying he hope that happens in the future.

16Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:14 pm

ᴶᵒᶫᶫʸ

Reincarnation of XenonMonkey

Rummy0 wrote:
Flesh wrote:
Yert wrote:

Yeah some random guy who was on the irc and didn't "use protection when DDoSing" or someshit.
He's saying he hope that happens in the future.

He hosted the IRC.

17Random animal facts Empty Re: Random animal facts Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Flesh

Flesh
Forum Addict

Yert wrote:
Flesh wrote:Guys? I thought only one of them was caught

LulzSec isn't one person, obviously. That one guy was caught or whatever

There's no sideways movement for cat's jaws

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: