XenonMonkey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
XenonMonkey

Kid tested, mom approved.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dark Souls pvp

+5
Professor Skittles
Ça Plane Pour Moi
ᴶᵒᶫᶫʸ
Tetris
SqueezyLemon
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Dark Souls pvp Empty Dark Souls pvp Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:36 am

SqueezyLemon

SqueezyLemon
Forum Lizard

Hey since a good amount of us play dark souls on pc why don't we start fighting each other?
I have a level 62 Vit/End Build, a level 108 Dex build, and a level 80 something Strength build.
If you wanna fight just say.

http://Squeezylemon.newgrounds.com

2Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:49 am

Tetris

Tetris
Forum God

I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT MAKES DARK SOULS A HARD GAME

3Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:36 am

SqueezyLemon

SqueezyLemon
Forum Lizard

do you play it

4Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:47 am

Tetris

Tetris
Forum God

No. That's why i need someone to tell me what's hard about it.

5Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:01 pm

ᴶᵒᶫᶫʸ

Reincarnation of XenonMonkey

Tetris wrote:No. That's why i need someone to tell me what's hard about it.

it's hard because it is.

6Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:40 pm

Ça Plane Pour Moi

Ça Plane Pour Moi
Forum Lizard

it's hard because progressing is difficult

7Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:52 pm

SqueezyLemon

SqueezyLemon
Forum Lizard

Well, it's because the enemies are on more level ground.
And you can be invaded by other players that are better than you and they just rape your face.

8Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 am

Professor Skittles

Professor Skittles
Insane Poster

Townshit PvP lets go

9Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:34 am

BustaJones

BustaJones
Thread Master

Trial and error.

Like a modern day mega man.

http://kliktoria.com

10Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:28 am

SqueezyLemon

SqueezyLemon
Forum Lizard

Professor Skittles wrote:Townshit PvP lets go
Hey I might be on tomorrow to PvP, my new build isn't in the dlc yet

11Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:04 pm

ᴶᵒᶫᶫʸ

The difficulty of Dark Souls is really overblown. It isn't really that hard at all. The most difficult part of the game is probably the very first area you go to at the tutorial area. You have the beginning gear, low level, know close to nothing about the game, haven't learned the enemy patterns, and most likely won't be used to using your shield and being patient because it's rarely necessary in games like Skyrim. I spent four hours in the beginning area, longer than I've spent anywhere else in the game so far.

Once you get past the first area it becomes pretty easy, in comparison. You get better gear and by then you've learned that Dark Souls is a game of patience. Some areas of the game are fairly frustrating, but only because you die in a few hits on Dark Souls and then you some times have to go through quite a lot to get back to the area you died at. As long as you use your shied, you're patient, and you know the enemy patterns then you won't even get hurt. (It's really easy to figure out the enemy patterns)

There's also no consequences for death, for the most part. If you die you lose all of your EXP, money, and humanity (EXP and money are the same thing) but if you get back to the area you died at then you can pick up everything you lost.

Super Meat Boy is a lot harder, and much more frustrating, than Dark Souls is. It's only difficult if you're an impatient piece of shit.

12Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:02 pm

XenonMonkey

XenonMonkey
Banana Sticker
Banana Sticker

Jolly wrote:The difficulty of Dark Souls is really overblown. It isn't really that hard at all. The most difficult part of the game is probably the very first area you go to at the tutorial area. You have the beginning gear, low level, know close to nothing about the game, haven't learned the enemy patterns, and most likely won't be used to using your shield and being patient because it's rarely necessary in games like Skyrim. I spent four hours in the beginning area, longer than I've spent anywhere else in the game so far.

Once you get past the first area it becomes pretty easy, in comparison. You get better gear and by then you've learned that Dark Souls is a game of patience. Some areas of the game are fairly frustrating, but only because you die in a few hits on Dark Souls and then you some times have to go through quite a lot to get back to the area you died at. As long as you use your shied, you're patient, and you know the enemy patterns then you won't even get hurt. (It's really easy to figure out the enemy patterns)

There's also no consequences for death, for the most part. If you die you lose all of your EXP, money, and humanity (EXP and money are the same thing) but if you get back to the area you died at then you can pick up everything you lost.

Super Meat Boy is a lot harder, and much more frustrating, than Dark Souls is. It's only difficult if you're an impatient piece of shit.

But here's the kicker:

Which is more fun?

http://www.xenonmonkey.com

13Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Tetris

Tetris
Forum God

XenonMonkey wrote:But here's the kicker:

Which is more fun?

that boils down to an opinion

i've never played either of those games so i don't have one of those

14Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Forum God

for what it's worth I like SMB more, but that's because it's a much faster game

http://hopefulgamer.blogspot.com/

15Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:16 pm

ᴶᵒᶫᶫʸ

10 wrote:for what it's worth I like SMB more, but that's because it's a much faster game

SMB is fun but it's too difficult at points. Dark Souls has the perfect balance of difficulty.
I gave up on SMB after trying to play the guy warp zone for 8 hours

16Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:37 pm

Ça Plane Pour Moi

Ça Plane Pour Moi
Forum Lizard

Jolly wrote:I gave up on SMB after trying to play the guy warp zone for 8 hours

that warp zone is intentionally bullshit and shouldn't reflect on any other part of the game

unless you were trying to 100% it or something

17Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:56 pm

ᴶᵒᶫᶫʸ

Ça Plane Pour Moi wrote:
Jolly wrote:I gave up on SMB after trying to play the guy warp zone for 8 hours

that warp zone is intentionally bullshit and shouldn't reflect on any other part of the game

unless you were trying to 100% it or something

I was trying to 100% each world before I moved onto the next one. I got to the third level of it and rage quit. I don't want to ever do the first two levels again.

18Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:07 am

Ça Plane Pour Moi

Ça Plane Pour Moi
Forum Lizard

Jolly wrote:I was trying to 100% each world before I moved onto the next one.

bad

19Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:50 am

ᴶᵒᶫᶫʸ

Ça Plane Pour Moi wrote:
Jolly wrote:I was trying to 100% each world before I moved onto the next one.

bad

why

20Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:03 am

Ça Plane Pour Moi

Ça Plane Pour Moi
Forum Lizard

Jolly wrote:
Ça Plane Pour Moi wrote:bad

why

best way to drive yourself insane

21Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:40 pm

SqueezyLemon

SqueezyLemon
Forum Lizard

Jolly wrote:The difficulty of Dark Souls is really overblown. It isn't really that hard at all. The most difficult part of the game is probably the very first area you go to at the tutorial area. You have the beginning gear, low level, know close to nothing about the game, haven't learned the enemy patterns, and most likely won't be used to using your shield and being patient because it's rarely necessary in games like Skyrim. I spent four hours in the beginning area, longer than I've spent anywhere else in the game so far.

This is true. After you beat the game so many times you know the patterns to all of the enemies, but thats why pvp is so cool, it basically takes the game and makes it so much harder depending on your build, and theres no way of predicting what your enemy will do.
It basically refreshes the game no matter how much you play it and it never gets old. At least for me.
Thing is there are so many things i still haven't done yet, spells i havent learned, build types i haven't tested, and that what makes the game so fun and fresh to me.
If you want the game to be hard you can make it that way, thats what I did.
Deprived FTW <3

22Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:42 pm

SqueezyLemon

SqueezyLemon
Forum Lizard

Also my current build is level 95, if anyone wants to duel :3

23Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:07 pm

ᴶᵒᶫᶫʸ

I suck at PVPing. but I joined that forest hunters thing and the first guy I fought didn't even touch me. He bowed so I took that time to backstab him, and then I backstabbed him again before he stood up.

24Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:14 pm

SqueezyLemon

SqueezyLemon
Forum Lizard

Jolly wrote:I suck at PVPing. but I joined that forest hunters thing and the first guy I fought didn't even touch me. He bowed so I took that time to backstab him, and then I backstabbed him again before he stood up.
Dont even pvp if your going to be a faggot
Thats a sign of an honorable duel.
If you suck thats your fault and we all do at some point.
I only got good after hour upon hour of practice.

25Dark Souls pvp Empty Re: Dark Souls pvp Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Ptero

Forum God

Jolly wrote:I suck at PVPing. but I joined that forest hunters thing and the first guy I fought didn't even touch me. He bowed so I took that time to backstab him, and then I backstabbed him again before he stood up.

jesus you're such an asshole

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum