XenonMonkey

Kid tested, mom approved.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Dark Souls pvp

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Dark Souls pvp on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:36 am

SqueezyLemon

avatar
Forum Lizard
Hey since a good amount of us play dark souls on pc why don't we start fighting each other?
I have a level 62 Vit/End Build, a level 108 Dex build, and a level 80 something Strength build.
If you wanna fight just say.

View user profile http://Squeezylemon.newgrounds.com

2 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:49 am

Tetris

avatar
Forum God
I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT MAKES DARK SOULS A HARD GAME


—————
View user profile

3 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:36 am

SqueezyLemon

avatar
Forum Lizard
do you play it

View user profile http://Squeezylemon.newgrounds.com

4 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:47 am

Tetris

avatar
Forum God
No. That's why i need someone to tell me what's hard about it.


—————
View user profile

5 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:01 pm

ᴶᵒᶫᶫʸ


Reincarnation of XenonMonkey
Tetris wrote:No. That's why i need someone to tell me what's hard about it.

it's hard because it is.

View user profile

6 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:40 pm

Ça Plane Pour Moi

avatar
Forum Lizard
it's hard because progressing is difficult

View user profile

7 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:52 pm

SqueezyLemon

avatar
Forum Lizard
Tetris wrote:No. That's why i need someone to tell me what's hard about it.
Well, it's because the enemies are on more level ground.
And you can be invaded by other players that are better than you and they just rape your face.

View user profile http://Squeezylemon.newgrounds.com

8 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 am

Professor Skittles

avatar
Insane Poster
Townshit PvP lets go


—————


View user profile

9 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:34 am

BustaJones

avatar
Thread Master
Tetris wrote:No. That's why i need someone to tell me what's hard about it.

Trial and error.

Like a modern day mega man.

View user profile http://kliktoria.com

10 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:28 am

SqueezyLemon

avatar
Forum Lizard
Professor Skittles wrote:Townshit PvP lets go
Hey I might be on tomorrow to PvP, my new build isn't in the dlc yet

View user profile http://Squeezylemon.newgrounds.com

11 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:04 pm

ᴶᵒᶫᶫʸ


Reincarnation of XenonMonkey
The difficulty of Dark Souls is really overblown. It isn't really that hard at all. The most difficult part of the game is probably the very first area you go to at the tutorial area. You have the beginning gear, low level, know close to nothing about the game, haven't learned the enemy patterns, and most likely won't be used to using your shield and being patient because it's rarely necessary in games like Skyrim. I spent four hours in the beginning area, longer than I've spent anywhere else in the game so far.

Once you get past the first area it becomes pretty easy, in comparison. You get better gear and by then you've learned that Dark Souls is a game of patience. Some areas of the game are fairly frustrating, but only because you die in a few hits on Dark Souls and then you some times have to go through quite a lot to get back to the area you died at. As long as you use your shied, you're patient, and you know the enemy patterns then you won't even get hurt. (It's really easy to figure out the enemy patterns)

There's also no consequences for death, for the most part. If you die you lose all of your EXP, money, and humanity (EXP and money are the same thing) but if you get back to the area you died at then you can pick up everything you lost.

Super Meat Boy is a lot harder, and much more frustrating, than Dark Souls is. It's only difficult if you're an impatient piece of shit.

View user profile

12 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:02 pm

XenonMonkey

avatar
Banana Sticker
Banana Sticker
Jolly wrote:The difficulty of Dark Souls is really overblown. It isn't really that hard at all. The most difficult part of the game is probably the very first area you go to at the tutorial area. You have the beginning gear, low level, know close to nothing about the game, haven't learned the enemy patterns, and most likely won't be used to using your shield and being patient because it's rarely necessary in games like Skyrim. I spent four hours in the beginning area, longer than I've spent anywhere else in the game so far.

Once you get past the first area it becomes pretty easy, in comparison. You get better gear and by then you've learned that Dark Souls is a game of patience. Some areas of the game are fairly frustrating, but only because you die in a few hits on Dark Souls and then you some times have to go through quite a lot to get back to the area you died at. As long as you use your shied, you're patient, and you know the enemy patterns then you won't even get hurt. (It's really easy to figure out the enemy patterns)

There's also no consequences for death, for the most part. If you die you lose all of your EXP, money, and humanity (EXP and money are the same thing) but if you get back to the area you died at then you can pick up everything you lost.

Super Meat Boy is a lot harder, and much more frustrating, than Dark Souls is. It's only difficult if you're an impatient piece of shit.

But here's the kicker:

Which is more fun?

View user profile http://www.xenonmonkey.com

13 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Tetris

avatar
Forum God
XenonMonkey wrote:But here's the kicker:

Which is more fun?

that boils down to an opinion

i've never played either of those games so i don't have one of those


—————
View user profile

14 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:03 pm

10

avatar
Forum God
for what it's worth I like SMB more, but that's because it's a much faster game

View user profile http://hopefulgamer.blogspot.com/

15 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:16 pm

ᴶᵒᶫᶫʸ


Reincarnation of XenonMonkey
10 wrote:for what it's worth I like SMB more, but that's because it's a much faster game

SMB is fun but it's too difficult at points. Dark Souls has the perfect balance of difficulty.
I gave up on SMB after trying to play the guy warp zone for 8 hours

View user profile

16 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:37 pm

Ça Plane Pour Moi

avatar
Forum Lizard
Jolly wrote:I gave up on SMB after trying to play the guy warp zone for 8 hours

that warp zone is intentionally bullshit and shouldn't reflect on any other part of the game

unless you were trying to 100% it or something

View user profile

17 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:56 pm

ᴶᵒᶫᶫʸ


Reincarnation of XenonMonkey
Ça Plane Pour Moi wrote:
Jolly wrote:I gave up on SMB after trying to play the guy warp zone for 8 hours

that warp zone is intentionally bullshit and shouldn't reflect on any other part of the game

unless you were trying to 100% it or something

I was trying to 100% each world before I moved onto the next one. I got to the third level of it and rage quit. I don't want to ever do the first two levels again.

View user profile

18 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:07 am

Ça Plane Pour Moi

avatar
Forum Lizard
Jolly wrote:I was trying to 100% each world before I moved onto the next one.

bad

View user profile

19 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:50 am

ᴶᵒᶫᶫʸ


Reincarnation of XenonMonkey
Ça Plane Pour Moi wrote:
Jolly wrote:I was trying to 100% each world before I moved onto the next one.

bad

why

View user profile

20 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:03 am

Ça Plane Pour Moi

avatar
Forum Lizard
Jolly wrote:
Ça Plane Pour Moi wrote:bad

why

best way to drive yourself insane

View user profile

21 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:40 pm

SqueezyLemon

avatar
Forum Lizard
Jolly wrote:The difficulty of Dark Souls is really overblown. It isn't really that hard at all. The most difficult part of the game is probably the very first area you go to at the tutorial area. You have the beginning gear, low level, know close to nothing about the game, haven't learned the enemy patterns, and most likely won't be used to using your shield and being patient because it's rarely necessary in games like Skyrim. I spent four hours in the beginning area, longer than I've spent anywhere else in the game so far.

Once you get past the first area it becomes pretty easy, in comparison. You get better gear and by then you've learned that Dark Souls is a game of patience. Some areas of the game are fairly frustrating, but only because you die in a few hits on Dark Souls and then you some times have to go through quite a lot to get back to the area you died at. As long as you use your shied, you're patient, and you know the enemy patterns then you won't even get hurt. (It's really easy to figure out the enemy patterns)

There's also no consequences for death, for the most part. If you die you lose all of your EXP, money, and humanity (EXP and money are the same thing) but if you get back to the area you died at then you can pick up everything you lost.

Super Meat Boy is a lot harder, and much more frustrating, than Dark Souls is. It's only difficult if you're an impatient piece of shit.
This is true. After you beat the game so many times you know the patterns to all of the enemies, but thats why pvp is so cool, it basically takes the game and makes it so much harder depending on your build, and theres no way of predicting what your enemy will do.
It basically refreshes the game no matter how much you play it and it never gets old. At least for me.
Thing is there are so many things i still haven't done yet, spells i havent learned, build types i haven't tested, and that what makes the game so fun and fresh to me.
If you want the game to be hard you can make it that way, thats what I did.
Deprived FTW <3

View user profile http://Squeezylemon.newgrounds.com

22 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:42 pm

SqueezyLemon

avatar
Forum Lizard
Also my current build is level 95, if anyone wants to duel :3

View user profile http://Squeezylemon.newgrounds.com

23 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:07 pm

ᴶᵒᶫᶫʸ


Reincarnation of XenonMonkey
I suck at PVPing. but I joined that forest hunters thing and the first guy I fought didn't even touch me. He bowed so I took that time to backstab him, and then I backstabbed him again before he stood up.

View user profile

24 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:14 pm

SqueezyLemon

avatar
Forum Lizard
Jolly wrote:I suck at PVPing. but I joined that forest hunters thing and the first guy I fought didn't even touch me. He bowed so I took that time to backstab him, and then I backstabbed him again before he stood up.
Dont even pvp if your going to be a faggot
Thats a sign of an honorable duel.
If you suck thats your fault and we all do at some point.
I only got good after hour upon hour of practice.

View user profile http://Squeezylemon.newgrounds.com

25 Re: Dark Souls pvp on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Ptero


Forum God
Jolly wrote:I suck at PVPing. but I joined that forest hunters thing and the first guy I fought didn't even touch me. He bowed so I took that time to backstab him, and then I backstabbed him again before he stood up.

jesus you're such an asshole

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum